The Varme Mat system is similar to the Varme Cable, except that the cable comes already taped to a 50cm wide fiberglass mesh.
The main advantage of this design is that makes it much faster to lay out in larger 'open plan' areas when compared to the cable system
Varme Mat 200 is based on the same design as Varme Mat 150, however the output has been increased to 200 w per sqm making them ideal for use in conservatories and other areas of high heat loss.
Installation is simple, the mat is simply rolled out onto the existing sub-floor or insulation boards and when the opposite wall has reached the mesh is cut and the mat is rolled back in the opposite direction (see diagram.)
When the mat is in place, the release paper on the double-sided tape is peeled back and the mat is then pressed to the primed floor to hold it in place for tiling.
As a general rule mats will take up about 85% of the available floor area, and heating mats should not be laid in floor space that will be covered by baths, pedestals, toilets, cupboards etc. including kitchen units.
Varme Mat systems come complete with:
- Heating cable supplied woven to a self-adhesive mesh.
- Fully programmable FH-01 thermostat controller with floor probe.
- Floor primer.
- Roller for primer.
- Simple installation instructions.
- Manufacturers Lifetime Warranty.
Product Code Output (Watts) Mat Length (Meters) Mat Width (cm) Mat Coverage (sqm)TPCM10001000 w10 m50 cm5.0 sqmTPCM12001200 w12 m50 cm6.0 sqmTPCM14001400 w14 m50 cm7.0 sqmTPCM16001600 w16 m50 cm8.0 sqmTPCM18001800 w18 m50 cm9.0 sqmTPCM20002000 w20 m50 cm10.0 sqmTPCM22002200 w10 m + 12 m50 cm11.0 sqmTPCM24002400 w12 m + 12 m50 cm12.0 sqmTPCM26002600 w14 m + 12 m50 cm13.0 sqmTPCM28002800 w14 m + 14 m50 cm14.0 sqmTPCM30003000 w16 m + 14 m50 cm15.0 sqmTPCM32003200 w16 m + 16 m50 cm16.0 sqmTPCM34003400 w18 m + 16 m50 cm17.0 sqm
- Make the electric provision as per instructions
- Plan the start point and layout
- Prime the sub-floor with the primer provided
- Roll out the under-tile mat, cutting the mesh to allow turning when the opposite wall is reached
- Fit the floor probe
- Test the cable
- Tile over the using flexible adhesive and grout
- Additional Information
Brand Varme Coverage Per Square Metre Select the Mat Length to cover the required area