Tiles R Us Terms & Conditions
Buying On-Line with Tiles R Us.
1.Tiles R Us Natural Stone Tiles – Our Terms & Conditions.
Our web-site is designed to display and sell tiles and accessories using ‘basket shopping’ transaction(s) processed by the website - www.tilesrus.co.uk.
Our head office is: 9 Greenfields Avenue, Bridgend, CF31 4SR. (VAT is not applied to our sales as we currently trade below the VAT threshold)
Queries about your order: 07572 490 930
Download a REFUND application form (see clause 9 & 10) here.
You can notify our Customer Services Team here: Notify us immediately if you want to cancel
2. Important information for you – our customer:
It is your responsibility to ensure you are eligible to (as in law governing your age and capability) place an order or conduct any type of transaction or communication via our web site. If you are placing an order on behalf of a business you are employed by then by placing the order you confirm you have the authority that will bind the business you represent to that contract.
3. Using this web site.
4. When you use our web-site you come under the governance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Our representation of the products we sell on this web site might vary slightly to what you see, please note the following:
- The images we use are of good quality and must be considered as ‘illustrative purpose only’ this applies to descriptions and specifications.
- We cannot guarantee the quality or capability of the computer system you are using to view our web site and therefore cannot guarantee the reproductive quality of the images you will see.
- Please also note that the specifications we display should be considered as ‘approximate’ as slight variations may occur (this could include weights, dimensions, capacities or tile sizes).
- The packaging shown in the images we display may also vary to the packaging of the product you receive.
6. Regarding tiles and tile batches; tiles are manufactured in batches and this can affect the colour shade, we will always supply your order with tiles from the same batch unless previously discussed and agreed with you. Subsequent orders you place may not be from the same batch as your original purchase. It may not be possible to accept a return request if the tiles were supplied 4 weeks before the request, this is to ensure that the batch I/D of current stock does not match the batch I/D of the tiles being returned. Contact us with the current batch I/D so we can advise if the return can be accepted.
7. It is important that you thoroughly check your purchase before fixing, especially the shade(s) of your tiles, we cannot accept responsibility for any products once they have been fixed/installed. In these circumstances, no returns or refunds will be accepted.
8. What happens when you place an order with us.
8-1. Placing an order with us has a number of processes to go through before you receive your goods, at the moment you ‘checkout’ and pay for the order the beginning of your contract with us starts. The key steps are:
8-2. Once your order is placed you will receive an email which is your (and our) Order Acknowledgement. At this stage this does not mean your order has been accepted, it is an indication that you are making an offer to buy the products you have selected.
8-3. Our acceptance of your order is confirmed when we dispatch your goods; please note that the contract covers only the goods we dispatch to you. There is no obligation on us to supply any other products that were part of the order until we have possession of those goods and they are available for dispatch.
9. Your rights as a consumer and our obligations.
9-1. As a consumer you are entitled to cancel your order (subject to clause 10) within 14 days that begins on the day after you receive your goods. If your order is the subject of multiple deliveries due to stock availability etc then the 14 day cancellation period starts on the day after the last delivery instalment.
9-2. In cases such as this you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the goods and/or services supplied. You will not receive a refund for any delivery costs incurred by Tiles R Us.
9-3. Once your return and refund application has been agreed and further to clause 10 you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. If you return goods at our expense we will charge you such expense by deducting the charge from your refund. The only exclusions from this are: a) if the goods are faulty (See Clause 14) OR b) the goods are not as described.
10. Conditions under which your ‘14 day cancellation’ option will not apply:
10-1. If you have damaged the goods during receipt of delivery.
10-2. If you are requesting the return of grout and/or adhesive, sealers, cleaners etc and they have been opened.
10-3. Any products that have been installed or fitted (other than those proven to have been faulty prior to delivery and installation)
10-4. Products that are the subject of bespoke production or procurement to your specifications. Tile samples are an example as they are specifically cut for each customer order.
11. Products must be returned immediately as new and able to be sold as new. Please make sure the original packing is intact other than any flaps or seams that might have been opened to allow access to the product within. We reserve the right to charge for the cost of repackaging a product where the original packaging has been ruined or destroyed while unpacking.
12. How to advise us of your wish to Cancel a Contract (your order).
12-1. Cancelling your contract will only be accepted if submitted in writing (in this instance an email is acceptable) and can be done by:
12-2. Requesting by email that you wish to cancel your contract with us stating the reasons, send your request to: email@example.com. We will send you the Refund Request Form that you must complete and return to us by email or post.
12-3. Download and complete our Refund Request Form which is the easiest and the recommended method. Return the completed form to us by email or post to the address shown in Clause 1.
13. Accepted refund requests are processed within 30 days.
14. How soon before you receive your order?
14-1. Please see delivery information for full details; standard delivery is normally within 4 working days, next day and Saturday deliveries are available, please send us your requirements. Exceptions apply and are relative to various regions.
15. Changes to Deliveries and Late Deliveries.
If your delivery has been confirmed and you do not wish to proceed with the agreed delivery you must notify us by no later than 3PM on the day prior to the delivery, if you have already been contacted by the delivery company and acknowledged/agreed the delivery arrangements you should contact them immediately and in the first instance. You may be liable for re-delivery or return delivery charges if this is not done.
You should not arrange your installer/tradesman until you have taken delivery of your goods and they have been checked and accepted by you; Tiles R Us will accept no liability for any financial implications of any kind due to deliveries arriving late for whatever reason, delivery commitments are the responsibility of the transport company and Tiles R Us have no control of their operational processes or procedures.
16. Ordered Products Risk and Title
16-1. At the time of delivery ‘risk for the products’ is solely yours.
16-2. Ownership of the Products is yours when full payment (including delivery charges) has been confirmed by our bank (which may or may not be immediately when you make a payment online).
17. Web Site Prices
17-1. All product prices shown on our website exclude VAT which we do not apply as we trade beneath the VAT threshold.
17-2. Delivery charges are excluded from the product prices displayed on our website and are added to your order during the checkout process.
17-3. We reserve the right to change prices at any time but any changes applied will not affect orders already placed.
18. Web-site Pricing. Every care is taken when adding product details and price(s) to our website – in the case of errors with pricing our policy is:
18-1. Once we receive an order through the website and before our contract with you is confirmed we check the prices - if an error is identified, especially as the error could be reasonably recognised as a likely error we retain the option of not supplying the product at the incorrect price if lower. We will contact you with the correct price and you will have the option of canceling, paying the correct price, or selecting an alternative.
18-2. For errors that have resulted in a higher price than is normal for the product, we will contact you and advise, you have the option of a refund of the difference or selecting extra products to the value of the difference.
18-3. Sample pricing is kept at a standard price for the majority of tiles, even though the sample shape and size may vary, tile to tile. Hexagonal tiles are not available as a 'cut' of the full tile, these are only available as a full hexagonal tile. Tile samples are a 'cut' section of a full tile, they are not the full tile, the sample is available to help customers in assessing the suitability of the tile; please be aware that a sample cannot always show the full scope of colour and texture as a full-size tile might, and depending on the tile texture selected, even a full-size tile might not show the complete range of colour and texture - no two tiles of natural stone are the same. The cut samples will vary in size and shape, this is determined by the style of tile the sample is requested from, mosaic or cladding/split face samples will be different cuts compared to a standard size tile sample.
19. Taking Care of Quality Standards.
19-1. All products are subject to quality checks before they leave the manufacturer and additional visual checks before your order is dispatched. However, it is impossible to guarantee that every defect or damage is seen and isolated. We have a process for dealing with defects or damages that are seen when checking on delivery or before the installation process. NOTE: Please refer to the web page Delivery for further information.
19-2. If a defect or damage is discovered when delivery is made and being checked you must notify us immediately and before any installation work is undertaken.
19-3. Our Delivery Information provides a detailed guide that tells you what to do before delivery and after delivery so that you can help us - to help you avoid any complications and if there are any complications how they can be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
20. Requested Returns with and without Refunds (including damaged/defective products).
20-1. You must notify us immediately if you believe you have reason to make a return or claim a refund: notifications must be made within 48 hours, see Clause 20-4 re. what is required as part of the returns request. We cannot accept claims for damages or missing products etc after the 48 hour period.
20-2. For products that are within the 14-day cancellation period see clause 7 for the circumstances under which no refund will be approved.
20-3. For Products that are within the 14-day cancellation period and have been accepted by us for a refund see clause 6
20-4. In the rare event of there being a damaged/defect or perceived damaged/defect you must notify us immediately, notifications must be made within 48 hours, we cannot accept claims outside of this period. We will advise you how to proceed with the return of goods, at the time you notify us we recommend you take the following actions:
– Take a photograph (smartphone quality is usually adequate as long as the image is not blurred) of the damage, if possible a couple of angles would be useful.
– Make a brief note of the damage/defect and the date and time.
– Ensure you always have your order number available or stated on any communications you send to us.
– Damaged products need to be returned to the warehouse for examination before the refund or replacement is issued; the initial cost of returning the damaged products is the customer's obligation.
20-5. Once the damaged/defective products arrive back at the warehouse they will examine them, if it is determined the problem was not of your making (or that of anyone associated with installing, unpacking, or off-loading) we will offer a refund or replacement as agreed with you, this will include the cost of the delivery to you and the cost of re-delivery if you request a replacement.
20-6. Refund payments will depend upon the time taken to examine (which may include expert examination by the manufacturer/supplier) the reported damage/defect, we will ensure maximum priority is given to achieving the minimum time possible. Except in unusual circumstances we expect the refund (if proven to be warranted) to occur within 30 days.
20-7. Refund payments will be made using the same process as used by you to make the payment. A minimum restocking charge of 20% of the purchase price will be levied, depending on the circumstances. All costs relating to the return of goods is solely the customer's liability. Any goods, that are returned damaged, whether already damaged when packed for return, or damaged during return, will not be refunded, all original packaging has to be in perfect conditions (goods returned must be fit for sale as new).
20-8. Returned products that are claimed by you to be damaged/defective that are found to be perfectly intact and operable will either be returned to you (at your cost) or will be refunded as per the terms set out in clause 9 as long as the claim made falls within the ’14 day cancellation period’
20-9. If the returned products are outside of the 14 period you will have been advised of the options available at the time you made contact with us to lodge your ‘faulty/damaged products return/refund’ request.
20-10. If the returned products have been installed, partly installed, altered, modified, or used for purposes they were not intended for then you will be offered the option to either have the products returned at your cost or collected by you (at your time and cost) from our central warehouse.
20-11. The customer is wholly responsible for the safe return of all goods, goods need to be packed sufficiently well to arrive undamaged at the returning warehouse (located in St. Albans) in addition the method chosen to return goods (e.g. parcel services, pallet, etc) must be suitable to ensure goods are received at the warehouse undamaged. We can offer advice if required.
21 How to Organise a Return.
The process begins when you notifying us by
- Or by telephone: 07572 490 930
Important! Please make sure you have your order number available if calling and stated on your email/letter if writing.
Customer Services will issue you the returns form along with a returns reference number.
Version Reference: These Terms & Conditions are up to date as of 01/03/2017: Version 03A